Paris Déco Off 2019
- 25th January 2019
- Design + Art
This 10th Edition of the Paris Deco Off has become a bright and inspirational window into the creative and artistic excellence.
It is always with great pleasure that I attend this professional and festive event, gathering passionate people from the world over for a moment of pure delight.
Here is what I would like to share with you:
- A superb chest of drawers XXL made by the maison Moissonnier needing 120 hours of work!
- It will be sold by auction in Hotel Drouot on the 14th February 2019 in aid of the Curie Institute for cancer research.
- How not to fall for this “Marrakesh” rug made of silk and wool and inspired from Moroccan Zellige patterns?
- Its designer is the famous Martyn Lawrence Bullard, well known for his colourful and quirky creations.
- A definite favourite of mine, this “Dream Forest”: shop window seen at Flamant, which showroom was installed for the occasion.
- Jungle mania is still very much the trend.
- On la retrouve déclinée à l’infini chez les éditeurs de tissus et de revêtements muraux.
- We find it is used in all its forms by designers of fabric and wall coverings. This lovely shop window displays an armchair upholstered in a Morris & Co fabric, while the footstool and the cushions are covered with fabrics from Rubelli and Casamance. The wall coverings are designed by Cole & Son.
- Little find: The new collection of Senza Tempo wallpapers resulting from a collaborative work from Cole & Son and Fornasetti, was presented in a preview showing during Paris Deco Off.
- I fell in love for “Arance” with the repetition of blood oranges – citrus fruits are a recurrent theme for Fornasetti – which give a staggered effect and a joyous and colourful result.
Never miss a post.